Wednesday 5 August 2009

Wednesday 5th August 2009

Sometimes, I wonder if I am on the same planet as everyone else. Yesterday evening, tv is absolutely LOUSY, and I am flicking through channels out of complete boredom. Easily, six times I asked if anyone had anything they wanted to watch...each time, I get shakes of the head. So, fine...no one wants to watch anything, so I head for what I have recorded, and start playing a movie called 'Starman'. Inside 10 minutes I am getting 'oh, its sci-fi - put something else on'. HUH? I DONE this bit already!! So I try explaining the movie, that its not REALLY sci-fi, and forget about aliens and ray-guns etc.....its about tenderness and hope and the better side of the human spirit. Nope...its SPACEMEN! I got out of the house in a really bad mood, and walked the legs off the dogs. 'Starman' was never a BIG movie...but it was one of those movies that 'touch' you............for those who can be 'touched'. Everyone has, in their head, movies that just GET to them. Ones that will be remembered. I figger, in THIS house, most of them would nominate Mickey Mouse, or something equally as mind numbing. GRRRR!!!!......

No comments: