Sunday 26 July 2009

Sunday 26th July 2009

Once again, not a lot to report. Pretty bog standard Sunday really....a procession of kids for various reasons. Joanne and hers because Dr Stu was on nightshift last night and needs peace and quiet to sleep, David because Thomas was here......same ole same ole.

I finally got around to getting rid of some of the junk that lays about this house. I freecycled it. First tranche was, a pram, a laser printer, a baby carseat, and a computer monitor. Pram was snapped up within minutes of me posting it, same with the monitor. Thats where it got a bit annoying. The printer (which admittedly was a bit dodgy, though that was made clear) became the subject of a series of mails asking this and that....hells teeth!....do ya WANT the bloody thing or not! However, it went, eventually. The carseat, that got really stupid. Initially it was claimed within minutes of posting, which was fine. Then I start getting emails about 'has it got a detachable base', 'my wife wants to know....'. God, people are so bloody RUDE!! In the end, it went to the THIRD person on the list. I am now in the process of dusting off the NEXT pram, and assorted items. Only THIS time, I will be a damn sight more careful about how I word the posting. I am not having the buggers act like I was some kind of department store, its gonna be 'take it or leave it'.

Anxiously watching young Thomas, with camera batteries all charged up and ready. He's getting to the point where he is pulling himself up on furniture, so I figger maybe a couple of weeks and he'll be taking off (I'm his grampa, as well as his surrogate father, so benevolent optimism is allowed (smile) ). Cute as hell, he is, and STILL the best child I ever came across. He has now got to the stage where he is propped upright against the sofa, and he actually lets go so he can clap his hands at his own bravery. Plus, he is grinning all over his face and looking around at everyone at the same time as if for approval. I missed all this, first time around .

Onwards and upwards.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes, I see the proud grandpa coming out, but hey, you have reason (this from a proud grandma)